Tuesday 26 January 2021

The only lock I need in my life.


As my picture depicts to many locks are around now, the shackles are on us all, so life again revolves around how we are going to cope. I seem to be ok up to now, gone under ground as I call it grounded from work, so think I am adjusting to creating certain strategies to adapt my persona of the day.

One day I am a cleaner in disguise working for covert operation dusting checking drawers trying to find lost or valuable evidence that there was life before lockdown, this amuses me as my friend will verify my imagination is immense.

There is nothing that I can become in my mines eye....I kid you not.

I love talking to people who sometimes have an air of superior attitude, and then I rattle on about absolutely bugger all so they question there own intelligence , its a sneaky game I play and my friends love to witness the act of self doubt taking place. Sorry this sounds as though I am a bitch but trust me I am not I just love being around folk who can gel with allsorts and make all feel welcome as a newbie., but find sometimes you come across people who have a knack of sucking you in as I try to explain to my friends be wary of a Narcissist you have to learn how to spot them, Sorry this maybe a little deep but you know who I am talking about. DON'T YOU

Well not a lots happened since last blog a bit like all of your days I suspect, I have my old friend holed up in our hide out, she is currently an alien from Turkey waiting for things to change to fly back home. Marion has been a lovely welcome house mate during Christmas and New Year


She will return but unfortunately does not lend easy to cov rules, even if she goes back Cov free and with a certificate , on landing she would be taken to a holding place and will remain there till she has had a few Cov test negative. These holding bays, are 1 room 1 bed no chair no toilet and food left at the door, so she is no hurry to experience this no star accommodation.

Its been nice for Marion as she has been able to spend time with her daughter and grand children so bonus there. Also have a bit of fun with Mossie

I received my Jab and go Vaccine working for NHS, it does have its advantages, pity the pay does not reflect this.


Whether this will halt this terrible pandemic who knows. Claire also had her trial and tribulations to get back to Spain but she finally made it and I can't see her returning anytime soon with all the trouble she had, and to be fair as she says there is very little left here to ever want to return back to the UK, her life is now firmly over in Espanola. 

When flying is allowed I think there will be a clambering to high tail it out of dodge. Marion keeps getting updates from Turkey, a very beautiful place where she lives its idyllic, few minutes walk to the beach a sprawling apartment spread over two floors, couldn't wish for anything better. Of course I will be over there asap,  also  a few friends  want to come along as well.

 Steve and Mossie and Vern are quite enthusiastic to go, along with other friends and family that go there all the time... plus its so cheap and food delicious. It will be lovely to all chill together her place is big enough to accommodate us all at the same time. It has an advantage of sleeping 10 people so what better place to all fly out together and celebrate all the things we have not been able to.


Denise my other friend who has a villa not far from where Claire is wants us to do a field trip with her and a few of us girls and drive over there in her camper van, which will be exciting, she hasn't driven there before but likes a challenge, so looking forward to that adventure, so look out you Spaniards on the road when the field trip is a go go. I can do a double visit as well with Claire, so win win.

Whilst Marion has been with me I have tried to cook some nice meals that you don't do much on your own, our afternoon tea so far have been to have a caramel rice cake, topped with either strawberries or blueberries on cottage cheese, sound disgusting but has the illusion of a Devonshire cream tea and is not fattening, because we have been emptying a few gin bottles, and yes Pam, the golden Gin was consumed rather quickly but the bottles so Pam informed me the etched scene on the bottle are making these bottles worth more even though emptied. 




The meals I have been cooking for Steve Marion and Mossie have been delicious, Lamb Tagine, Ribeye last night with potato chips dipped in foamed egg white and baked .....healthy chips. Then accompanied with chorizo slices sun blushed roast tomatoes and peppers, that also was yummy steaks curtesy of my friends small holding which she raises the animal stock so I know its well reared and no added stuff in it. 

Had a couple of walks with Marion into town, and as she says would be so nice to just sit and have a glass of wine on route but not to be. When will this be I wonder.????????

Working from home from this week, till the work deems it safe to visit patients in their homes. Not much more for today will keep adding over the week and update.....see ya laters.

Another week has passed not a lot of excitement, trip to have eyes tested, had my Cov jab and go as I mentioned earlier, arm hurt like hell and developed a horrendous rash a week later but all ok now.

My saga with the boiler has been fixed I am so lucky to have wonderful men in my life who are ready to help when in need, Steve and Mossie thanks guys, stars for always helping especially Steve.

My son Nik turned 41 today, what can I say..... does it make me feel old does it make me feel sad or does it just feel its another page being turned in my story of things never stay the same, only move on silently.  He was my baby who has grown into a handsome young man, but alas although he has gorgeous girl friends along with his lovely sister, I see no grandchildren for me.

Its snowing today really thick and settling, I was due to go to Niks but not going to risk it today will pop down tomorrow, we have spoken on the phone and he had a heavy night so he understands not risking the roads.



Off to Steves tonight for Sunday meal, we won a meat raffle last week in our bingo high light of the week, we had so much meat its ridiculous, so we have been eating well on the protein stash the last week.




Well took me a long time to blog but hey ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The only lock I need in my life.

As my picture depicts to many locks are around now, the shackles are on us all, so life again revolves around how we are going to cope. I se...