Wednesday 2 December 2020

A change is as good as the rest Confucius says.


Back again ready to start the 3 tier lockdown, hows this gonna pan out WHO KNOWS????????????????????????????????????????????????just put my Christmas tree up, not my usual extravaganza but its the thought that counts.

Had an awful bout of Vertigo last week, really quite scary not sure what bought it on but did not like it one bit, It was like being drunk in the worse case of scenario, with out the pleasure of drinking my favourite Rioja wine. Dam.....


I was falling and swaying all over the place which was to keep me incapacitated at home and needing a bit of help from friends.( AS ALWAYS).

Well my poor friend Marion is still waiting for flights to get back from Turkey, I will be so disappointed if she can't was so looking forward to some Girlie company and frivolities even if it only for 5 days of mixing at Christmas, what's the song FIVE GOLDEN RINGS. Stuff the rings stuff the Partridge in a pear tree, just give me laughter.




Marion has been getting the decorators in over the last couple of weeks back in Turkey, so cheap to get jobs done there, less than 500pnds in our money to have her huge and I mean huge place painted from top to bottom including 3 big bedrooms, kitchen large lounge hall and all other areas spread over two floors, all upcycling the furniture too. Can't wait to see it.

I feel I want a bit of a makeover in my place, now the kitchen is done and looking lovely a pang too refresh the lounge, already planning to get one of my armchairs covered in a rich royal blue velvet, I bought the material a while ago just need to contact the man. Well thinking why not the sofa too. mmmm food for thought.

Viv always helped with the painting so going to have to rope in my son, he wont be half as much fun as Viv was. she used to get paint all over her she was so funny.

I had a nice gesture come from the team the other day, it was a badge of honour to wear NHS hero the girls said you are nominated by your colleagues or patients, not sure but it was nice to receive it anyway.


Have to say looking forward to the shops being open, especially one of my favourite shops Tylers and a village boutique with lots of gorgeous knick knacks and lovely clothes.

Don't understand the rationale of how all this tier of lockdown is going to work but everyone seems to be hopeful about the vaccine, hope it is the wonder drug,  mm..my daughter would disagree, but I have my doubts too but can't help feeling hopeful and would love to see a demonstration of its no risk claim by all the Royal family, politicians, influencing people through out the world sticking their arms out and instead of  bending the knee bend the arm. Then I think we all might feel a little more confident, so roll up the sleeve you noble men and women. ( DID I SAY NOBLE)


I have done all my pressie shopping always do it through out the year, promise I will wrap and do it steadily but hey ho Santa I don't, its always last minute how stupid but going to start wrapping this evening such a lovely feeling when its done.


Going to order the Christmas hamper tomorrow for me and Steve, from our local sauced butcher, we aim to share it and maybe cut the joints in half as we do cook a few meals together so over the year we will indulge in our cooking skills, hopefully a few Yorkshire puddings from Steve with his new Yorky baking tins, he so hangs onto things and won't chuck the old one's out I bet.

Had my first Christmas card delivered today so must get my cards all written out and posted, seems a little old fashioned but its still nice to think someone has taken the time to think of you, so easy to tap a message on the mobile but like to think we hold on to some traditions, we have already lost milkmen, library's now one of my favourite shops Debenhams love that shop.


 

Have been working from home for two days but back in next week, be back to normal as normal can be, miss the team and banter so lifting when you mix, no staff Christmas dinner though this year, last year had it at my friend place near the river the Navigation, it was so nice will be nice to take friends there again.


First of our Christmas windows in the street has been decorated so going to take some photo's,  when a few more have been displayed in the Xmas Calendar widows, my day is the 6th of December and the 23rd should be fun, I have to do mossies I think, Steve who is an honouree member of our street is not participating in this but has provided me with some cable ties to assemble.

I have finished the whole series of Schitts Creak, so sad as its kept me in fits of laughter I think I have said before I binge watched it, now I know they do conventions, and people dress up in their fav character, well I bags Maura..... yes and didnt realise she was the mother in home alone. I went to the alternative Sound of music show in London years ago so much fun.

Everyone dressed in nuns outfits or the Von traps or Marie it was a hoot, you stand up and sing the songs when your character is singing. I have a desire also to attend the Rocky horror show too, suspenders Basques, and stockings ooh ya gotta let your hair down and just do things out the ordinary.



I have this Christmas made my own Christmas tree, have been doing this for years.



This year it is a very very slim tree, unlike the assembler. I have adorned the tree with my Murano glass angels bought back from Venice when I spent a glorious 6 days there. I totally will return as you probably have guessed Italy's cities are my favourite places in the world.




Have many friends from Italy and adore everyone of them too. I stood and watched the  glass Angels being made on the island. Managed to purchase a few items earing's, angels, a ring for my friend, and cufflinks to be worn at special occasion's. So my treasured angels are dangling very nicely. 

                           I Miei Bellissimi Angeli di Vetro

                                           CIAO Baby.



1 comment:

The only lock I need in my life.

As my picture depicts to many locks are around now, the shackles are on us all, so life again revolves around how we are going to cope. I se...